Throughout the school year and summer we work with variously sized groups of students who want to improve their English in Ireland.
Regardless of how big the group is, we place up to a maximum of 4 pupils with an Irish host family where they take part in normal everyday activities. A qualified and experienced English teacher visits the house in the morning to teach them English. We guarantee that there will never be more than 4 students per class. We have found that this ratio of 4:1 works very well for students and teachers alike. In the afternoon they can choose from a variety of activities or can explore the local surroundings themselves. The local area is very safe and there are a lot of things to do. Public transport is available and is within walking distance.
What is included:
1. A choice of 10, 15 or 20 hours of 4:1- English lessons per week ( 1 lesson is 1 hour) led by a qualified English teacher in the home of your host family,
2. Placement test, progress test and homework.
3. All lesson material is included ( we use Cambridge and Oxford materials only) ,
4. Advice on further study and a certificate of attendance.
5. Three activities per week, lasting at least 3 hours ( hiking, visiting Cork city, shopping, swimming, indoor climbing, visiting historical land marks etc).
6. Transfers to and from activities included.
7. Airport transfers ( Cork airport only ; an extra fee applies for Dublin Airport to Cork transfers)
8. Homestay with all meals included, shared bed room, access to bathroom facilities and laundry service.
9. Supervision and 24 hour emergency contact.
10. Internet access.
Not included: Medical insurance ( European Medical Card is necessary ), entrance fees to activities ( varies per activity, but usually around 6 euros) and telephone calls.
Price: From 700 euros per person per week incl. taxes and administration costs.